Sunday, June 1, 2008

Just waiting and waiting... for answered prayers

Ever waited for so long for one thing to happen? Ever wish and prayed so hard for that one thing you hoped for? But it all seems so far away. Right now it seems so impossible. So what do you do?

You wait.

We wait on God for He knows what is best for our lives.

Sometimes it gets so hard and so painful that you don't want to wait anymore because you just can't hold on. You can literally feel your heart being squeezed and your stomach tying knots. Then the tears start rolling down so quickly, you don't even have the strength to wipe them dry. And sometimes they run down your cheeks and you don't even notice it. Because you have gone so numb and so oblivious to everything that is going on. Simply cause you can't help it.

You then ask yourself... Is it worth the wait? Is it worth the excruciating pain and the heavy tears? Just for that thing? That one thing that might never happen. What are you, NUTS?! Putting yourself in that position when you had a choice is just plain stupidity and utter dumbness as some would put it.

Pretty cool how our mind play tricks on us.

I remember all the prayers that were said on my part. Some have been answered and some not yet. I remember so clearly every painful heart ache, every hurtful tear. I still remember how hard i prayed. Prayed for that one thing that God will answer. And, I'm still praying.

Sometimes I ask, is it worth all these tears and heart ache? God, what's taking so long? Can't You answer it now? Cause I can't anymore. I don't know how much more I can take. I'm losing it. Can't You help me speed it up just a little bit?

Answer to that? I continue to wait on Him. I realized that our Heavenly Father is literally a Father. One that loves us enough to plan the very best for our worthless lives. Who are we to judge what is best for ourselves when our Creator is the One that makes it happen.

I remember every prayer answered. All that started then came to completion. Through all those tears, those painful conversations, those late nights, then suddenly it all came to pass. Every answered prayer was a miracle in itself. It is so amazing to see God's glory being manifested through everything. And all the hard times became all so very worth it.

But Daddy doesn't leave us alone. He sends us people (friends, brothers and sisters) into our lives to help us through every trial and hardship. Daddy sent me, Mi along with 2 more very sweet sisters, Fe and Sz. They've prayed for me many many times, and so have I for them. They were there every step of the way. Mi and the rest stuck around for me, even though it was inconvenient and troublesome. Daddy made us true friends and wonderful sisters in Christ.

So i guess its not that bad to wait. Because when its all done, its so worth it that I'd do it all over again. The miracles are priceless. Truly unmeasurable. So yes!! Thank you my sisters for sticking around long enough to see the miracles!!

I've seen enough miracles to know that God's timing is perfect. And that waiting and waiting simply just means a miracle waiting to happen by His will. How do u deal with that long long wait then? We trust God and draw strength from Him.

For all that has happened, I wouldn't have it any other way because its perfect the way the prayers were answered. And for those that are not answered, I'll wait on God so that one day I can say, "I wouldn't have it any other way". Life may be hard and when it feels like the whole world is against you, you wait on God and sail through by His power and strength. Can you believe it? I have the ones I love most to share the burden and most importantly the joy ahead with me. Hard times can't get better than that =)

Try it! Wait on God and see what happens. You even might end up being glad to have cried all those tears. What's ahead is a mystery. What's right here is a memory.

Yet, another prayer yet to be answered, another memory yet to be written. Till then, let everything be a memory for a prayer waiting to be answered.

Love always, Me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Me,

Just remember, in the midst of all your waiting, that God never puts us in a situation that He knows we can't handle.


My church's worship coordinator spoke over me about 2 weeks ago. He told me to hold on, even when the whole world says I should turn back, if I've heard God's direction I must keep going on.


All because, God is hardly ever early, but He's NEVER too late either. You'll meet Him there, so don't give up! Keep pressing on. =)


Love heaps,
Audrey.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Audrey (couz)

Bet you didn't know it was me. Yes, I'll wait on God for all His plans for me. And God's timing for me has proven to have always been perfect. So He has never failed me but only been faithful. I hope I've not failed Him too even if I'm never going to be perfect.

Bet things are very exciting in Melbourne Uni for you. Hope to hear all about it soon.

In all things that God has planned for you, He'll always carry you through. The journey may sometimes be hard but it will always be absolutely amazing when all things are brought to completion.

So keep going too dear couz. I know Daddy has big plans for you.

Send my love to everyone there. Miss you guys loads.

Love ya always,
Me