Saturday, June 28, 2008

Always, almost here

I wonder if you’ve ever felt this way…
The way the song’s chorus speaks…

And when I need you, you’re almost here
and I know that’s not enough.
And when I’m with you, I’m close to tears
Cos’ you’re always almost here.
(Brian McFadden & Delta Goodrem- Almost here)

It reminds me of a psalm…
As the deer pants for streams of water,
So my soul pants for you, O God,
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?
My tears have been my food day and night,
While men say to me all day long,
“Where is your God?”
These things I remember as I pour out my soul:
How I used to go with the multitude,
Leading the procession to the house of God,
With shouts of joy and thanksgiving
Among the festive throng
Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?

Put your hope in God,
For I will yet praise Him,
My Savior and my God.
(Psalm 42:1-5)

God’s omnipresent, i.e. He’s everywhere- He seems to be all around me, beside me, with me, next to me, holding me, but… He feels so close yet so far…

I know He’s there. I just wish my heart could know it too…

_______________________________________________________________________

I don’t know about you, but for me, those moments have made me feel so empty that I was but a walking shell. Everything that happened seemed to happen around me but not to me. Pain was good- it confirmed I was alive. Sleep was good- it embraced me… until I opened my eyes, or unless, I couldn’t even sleep.

We all reach a point of depression in our lives. Living within it is not going to help- that’d be like falling down and wallowing in the pebbles and stones that have cut our feet- it’ll only hurt us more. Like crying over spilt milk, nothing’s going to change. The reality will just pierce us harder than before.

I love what the psalmist said “Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, My Savior and my God”. Indeed, to overcome times of emptiness like that, it is not enough just to know- we need to HOPE. To TRUST that it WILL pass- not just living life or doing things but not liking it because you don’t have a choice or because you’re waiting for that pain to pass; but living life with JOY because you KNOW that moment WILL come; and THAT experience will be SO wonderful- you can feel it now!

Paul put it perfectly in Romans 5:2b-5 (emphases added): And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our suffering, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, HOPE. And hope does not disappoint us because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.

I hope this little post will give you some encouragement if you’re going through a depressing point in your life… It’s not the fact that you go through it that will help you grow- it’s HOW you go through it that will open your eyes to the miracles (big or small) that God has placed right there in your lives in times like that.

If you ever need an ear to hear out your problems, or somebody to pray for you, Mi and Me are here.

*Hugs*

Agape,
Mi.

5 comments:

Ken said...

Caramba AIIIEEE!!!

Right that's just my own personalised way of saying Hi. Guess I'll never make it in the greeting card business eh? Haha

Interesting that you should mention Psalm 42. Cuz that's the exact psalm, (and verse 5 especially) that pulled me through one of the toughest times of my life thus far =)

God's consistent ^^

Anonymous said...

If you were ev'r to come out with a greeting card, or greeting cards of your own, i'd be sure to buy it/'em... in bulk! =)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha~ check it out Ken! Your 1st customer! Psst.. that'll be:
advertisement charge + agent costs + commission + tip =P

Mi said...

Hi anonymous, glad to have been of help. Thanks for dropping by and leaving the comment- it was encouraging to know =) Take care and God bless!

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can bruit about that I approve of with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is quiet a suspect as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with efflux of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=ipod photo slideshow 1.10 ?
I noticed the phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you partake of the black methods of development of the resource. I take a week and do necheg