Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Money made"

I don't think there's such a word... but like to coin it every now and then to imply something that isn't "personally hand made"- i.e. its something that can be hand-made like a cake, card, or artwork, but it's actually purchased.

Food for thought: which is more precious? Is something worth "less" if it was purchased as opposed to hnad-made?

For myself, I used to think that what was hand-made was more special- it carried a personal touch for which there can be no other, except imitations or replicas. Of course as I grew older, other considerations on this "hand-made" concept came in- does something hand-made for you lose its uniqueness if the same thing was made to others? Is it wrong that the giver loves others as much as the giver loves you, and thus gives the same gift to them?

~~

There are some things that are do-able but you just can't do, but money can. I enjoy baking but I doubt I'd be able to bake a cake as good as the ones in bakeries and so I'd rather drive out and spend that money.

There are things that you can afford but carries meaning only if someone else buys it for you- like an accessory or a box of chocolates!

Money can't buy happiness, but within the right contexts, it can buy something special that brings the receiver happiness. Not that the gif itself makes the receiver happy, but the intrinsic values embedded within the gift does- like... a ring.

~~

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created them."
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb."
"I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
"My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth."

"Then what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: They took the thirty silver coins, the price set on him by the people of Israel."
"You were bought at a price."

~~

Made and paid for,
Mi.

No comments: