Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hugs

I love hugs.

I love the way it speaks not with words, but in an action- an embrace.

The best wishes and fondest hopes for a beloved are usually best secured with a hug... it's as though that simple act takes the words both spoken and kept in one's heart, and allows the beauty and wonder of a touch to sign, seal and deliver it all.

I cherish the PEACE that comes with each hug... that 'someone', had not just seen me, wished me "all the best" and walked on; (s)he pressed the mute button on the remote of my life so I could see past the hustles and bustles that are swirling around me, take position, and face- no, dance through- the music that life plays for me.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. [John 14:27]
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. [Philippians 4:7]

I rest in the COMFORT a hug devotes... "You'll be alright", "I'm here for you"...

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. [Isaiah 43:2-3a]
I love the LOVE a hug conveys... the knowing- that no matter what happens, no matter what you decide, no matter where life takes you, I will still love you. Because it's not what you are, and it's not what you do, it's just you- I love, you.
The LORD appeared to us from afar, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. [Jeremiah 31:3]
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
[Romans 5:8]
I rest in the promise of BELONGING that a hug assures.
But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. [Isaiah 43:1]
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.
[Jeremiah 15:1a,b]
I shelter in the SECURITY hugs commit- that you're safe now, you don't need to be afraid, be strong.
But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. [Psalm 5:11]
The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. [Psalm 9:9]
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. [Psalm 18:2]
There are so many things that a hug can say... And you know, though I do no see Him, and my touch can't seem to touch Him, I can feel- my Father's hugs.
The wonder...
-=-=-=-
Psalm 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, the darkest valley;
I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
-=-=-=-
Hugs,
Mi.

No comments: