Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The mill will never grind with the water that has passed

Greetings!

As you're reading this post, I'm actually off at Johor on a job. (Yes, this is actually a "post-dated post") But I want to share this with you, and I hope you grasp its meaning. For I loved this poem dearly having realized what it means...


The Lesson of the watermill
Leave no tender word unsaid;
Love, while life shall last!
The mill will never grind
with the water that has passed.

And the proverb haunts my mind
like a spell that's cast.
The mill will never grind
with the water that has passed.

Power, intellect and strength
may not, cannot, last;
The mill will never grind
with the water that has passed.

Take this lesson to your heart,
Take, oh! Hold it fast;
The mill will never grind
with the water that has passed.
by: Sarah Doudney

Did you learn the lesson of the windmill?

from afar,
Mi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm back!!! Just for the weekend- will be heading back to Johor to finish off the work next week...

Oo.. for the benefit of those who have agak-agaknya understood the lesson of the windmill...

It's meant to remind each and every one that life brings opportunities- but some of those opportunities, once lost, may never come back... The mill will never grind with the water that has passed...

So take hold of every opportunity Life gives- don't always think that there's always another time, another day.

An opportunity grasped can change your life forever.

I know of one that has. It may sound dramatic and cliche, but I can say for certain that holding on to that opportunity to accept Christ has made life totally different for me- a difference I hope each and every one would have the priviledge to share and enjoy..

If you learned something more than that, feel free to add on to this =) take care now! God bless!