Sunday, August 24, 2008

Test of faith

It was most probably one of the hardest week of my life. It was really hard because this one thing I had been praying very hard for was one that I had hoped He answered a long time ago. But His answer was "not right now". I did my part, I prayed so hard for it, I had faith, I trusted Him. I thought He'd grant me my heart's desire this time.

But He didn't. He had something else planned. It was really hard for me to deal with everything. But thank God, He blessed me with something else and many brothers and sisters who were there for me when I had it hard. I was given many verses that I knew. I knew that God had a better plan for His glory (Romans 8:28), I knew that His ways are higher than mine (Isaiah 55:9). I knew that by trusting Him, He will lead my path straight (Proverbs 3:5-6).

I knew I had to be strong, I had to continue to trust Him and believe in Him. But I was in pain. It hurt a lot. Felt like Daddy didn't hear me, for the 3rd time. Felt like Job in the Bible. Though I'm probably not as upright like Job, but at that point, I wish I wasn't in that position, and I rarely think that way. So that means, it was not good.

I understood all that I needed to. I really did, but of course some were worried (sorry!). After much prayer, I took time to recover, Today, I can stand tall for God again. He took the pain away. I don't know what He's got planned. But I guess I'll find out. To be honest, I can't wait.

This past 2 months God has taught me to wait on Him in an whole new level. I realised that waiting can be long, tiring and very hard. And in this time of wait, I knew that I could do nothing but wait and trust and to cling on Him. I am willing, and I will wait for Him in His timing, for His glory.

I guess it's just mulling for me today =)

Me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

stay strong. hugs mel. =)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Zhen Wei! God had blessed me in some other way... He's always faithful! Take care dear...

Love always