Monday, September 28, 2009

Absolutely

This is just my opinion, it's just what I think.

Because society has changed. People have become more open and "so what?" in their relationship towards others- "It's his life", "it's her decision", "it's their choice"- we should respect their freewill. After all, it's their life- nothing to do with me. Besides, who am I to impose my stands, values and beliefs on them? This is my take/perspective of things; that's your view of the matter. Who are you to dictate or decide what's good for me? How can you be so sure and say that this is "wrong" or "right"?

No wonder the world hates, looks down on or disregards Christians- we've (i.e. Christians) have closed mindsets, we're straight-thinking and hold on to 'archaic' ideologies (like, hello, it's the 21st century and Christians are STILL reading that how many thousand years old "history book", and living their lives according to it)!

To top it off, in an open-minded society where "there's no real right or wrong only differing perspectives"- we continue to hold firm and preach moral ABSOLUTES!

Meaning? Meaning that we'd declare unabashedly that's it's wrong to lie, it's wrong to lust, it's wrong to have pre-marital sex, it's wrong to be engaged in a homosexual relationship- Even though "white lies aren't really lies"; "it's natural for human beings being created as sexual beings to lust"; "everybody's doing it"; and "they really love each other and it's not like they're hurting anyone with that lifestyle choice".

Why? Because the Bible says so.

So you do everything that the Bible says? Try to- Unfortunately, I commit the acts I declare to be wrong too. There are Christians who are lying, stealing, lusting, fornicating... the difference is they know and accept that it's wrong and are struggling to stop it.

Christians are hypocrites then. We're often described as such because we're not living up to the standards we subscribe to... But people need to know: Being a Christian isn't a declaration of perfection- on the contrary, it's a confession of sinfulness/ imperfection. A Christian isn't a Christian if (s)he has never admitted, "I'm a sinner"- it's the first step in accepting Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour.

You still haven't explained why you judge others when you make mistakes yourself. Getting to that... When we've accepted Christ as our Lord, we mean it literally- we want to live our lives according to His will/ standards- even if they're unattainable at this point. It's really the least we can do in response, when we consider that He has offered us the gift of eternal life even when we didn't deserve it (i.e. when we were still sinners). Heaven is a place of perfection- and an imperfect being like me, simply wouldn't pass if not because Christ had sacrificed Himself for me, or rather us Christians.

There's no intention to judge when we define an act as wrong- it's like you said, who are we to judge when we ourselves make the very same mistake? We say what we say because our value system in Christ has defined those acts as wrong. In other words, you can say- that's just our take on things. We've experienced how great and wonderful it is to live this life with God and with eternity secured for us... and what could be better than having others be a part of this awesome promise with us? Unfortunately, we've not always been most wise in our approach at times and come off as trying to impose ourselves on others. Guess you can say it's like how our parents or those who care about us would put it- "I'm angry with you because I love you".

That's a truckload of BULL! You expect me to believe that you "love" me when you don't know a hint about me?! Who're you trying to fool? Agreed. There's no sense in what I just said, but mind you, it's not nonsense. Consider this- why is it impossible for me to care about you when I know how it feels to be loved by Christ when I didn't deserve Him and it's Him that I'm trying to bring to your attention?

Well, I don't want your Jesus Christ. That's fine. But nevertheless, f.y.i., His gift of eternal life, forgiveness and a most unbelievably amazing relationship with Him is open to you, absolutely.



Just Mi.

5 comments:

Mi said...

I like it! Absolutely awesome and absolutely right =)

Me said...

Sorry.. That was "Me"

Zhen Wei said...

its been awhile since i dropped by this blog. this post makes me stop and think.. haha.. nicely written anyway.

Zhen Wei said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.