Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Deep inside the armor

The warrior is a child
Lately I've been winning battles left and right

But even winners can get wounded in the fight
People say that I'm amazing
I'm strong beyond my years
But they don't see inside of me
I'm hiding all the tears

Chorus:
They don't know that I come running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
'Coz deep inside this armor
The warrior is a child

Unafraid because His arrow is the best
But even soldiers need a quiet place to rest
People say that I'm amazing
I never face retreat,
But they don't see the enemies
That lay me at His feet

Chorus:
They don't know that I come running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
(I cry for just awhile)
'Coz deep inside this armor
The warrior is a child
(Aahhh)

They don't know that I come running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
(Look up for His smile)
'Coz deep inside this armor
The warrior is a child
(Aahhh)


When I first heard this song I thought to myself how true is it that we put on our armors to face the world. Be it at work, to look out for every opportunity, to challenge ourselves, to survive. Or at home, to be strong for our family no matter how hard things are. And even in the kingdom of God, we are constantly putting on the full armor of God as we carry the name of Christ in this world.

No matter how hard the road ahead, no matter how tough our trials may be, we find the strength within ourselves to keep going. Others will see us to be strong individuals that can face all things and nothing will break our stride. But like the songs says "they don't know that I come running home when I fall down. They don't know who picks me up when no one is around"

When things are hard and when we feel tired, God is there to see us through, because deep inside this armor, the warrior is a child. At times we just want to take of our armors because we're only just a child. But we are God's child. He will extend His open arms when we come running home when we fall down. He will be the One who picks us up when no one is around.

I've been reflecting all that has happened (like I always do). I realised that no matter how much I try doing something on my own, my strength will run out. And whenever I fall, I knew where to run home to and who will pick me up. Lately, Mi and I have been praying for strength and wisdom for all things.

I particularly like to pray this prayer...
Father, may You continue to be here with us everyday of our lives. May You lead us with you right in front, may You watch us from above, may You support and carry us through from below and push us from behind so we will never fall back.

This prayer goes out to you too (dear reader). Remember that in the hardest times, God is around, in all corners of our lives. We can always run home, we can cry, and we can always look up for His smile. That smile will have us know that all things will be okay. We can because this warrior is His child.

Love always,
Me

No comments: